Steven Soderbergh Biography
A native of Atlanta, Steven Soderbergh is a film producer, screenwriter, cinematographer, editor, and an Academy Award-winning film director.
Soderbergh was born in Atlanta, Georgia, and gained recognition with his directorial debut, Sex, Lies, and Videotape, which won the Palme d’Or at Cannes. His other films include Kafka, The Limey, Erin Brockovich, Traffic (Oscar, Best Director), Ocean’s Eleven, Solaris, and Magic Mike.
Steven Soderbergh Age
Soderbergh was born on 14 January 1963 in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. He is 59 years old as of 2022.
Steven Soderbergh Height&Weight
Soderbergh stands at a height of 6 feet and a weight of 86 kgs(189.5 lbs)
Steven Soderbergh Wife
Soderbergh was married to Betsy Brantley from 1989 to 1994 where they divorced and later married his second wife Jules Asner in 2003. He has two daughters named Sarah and Pearl Soderbergh.
Steven Soderbergh Family
Soderbergh was born to Mary Ann (née Bernard) and Peter Andrew Soderbergh, who was a university administrator and educator. Soderbergh has Swedish, Irish, and Italian roots. Soderbergh’s paternal grandfather immigrated to the U.S. from Stockholm. As a child, he moved with his family to Charlottesville, Virginia, where he lived during his adolescence, and then to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where his father became Dean of Education at Louisiana State University (LSU).
Steven Soderbergh Education
Soderbergh took a film animation class at Louisiana State University while he was still in high school at the Laboratory School. He showed interest in filmmaking early on and directed short films as part of his assignments and late move to Hollywood to pursue professional filmmaking.
Steven Soderbergh Career
Soderbergh did odd jobs while writing scripts and directing short films, 1980–85; directed 90125, a Yes concert film, for MTV, 1986; first feature, sex, lies, and videotape, a surprise international success, 1989.
Steven Soderbergh Awards
Soderbergh received Grammy Award for Best Director, for 90125, 1986; Palme d’Or for Best Feature Film, Cannes International Film Festival, 1989, and Sundance Film Festival Audience Award and Independent Spirit Awards for Best Feature and Best Director, 1990, for sex, lies, and videotape; National Society of Film Critics Best Director Award for Out of Sight, 1998.
Later awards are:
- 2013 Emmy-Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Miniseries or a Movie: Winner
- 2013 Emmy-Outstanding Cinematography for a Miniseries or Movie: Nominated
- Emmy-Outstanding Directing for a Miniseries, Movie, or a Dramatic Special: Winner
- 2011 Emmy-Outstanding Nonfiction Special: Nominated
- 2009 Emmy-Outstanding Nonfiction Special: Nominated
- 2007I ndependent Spirit Awards-Best Director: Nominated
- 2003 César Awards-Best Foreign Film: Nominated
- 2002 César Awards-Best Foreign Film: Nominated
- 2001 Golden Globe-Best Director – Motion Picture: Nominated
- 2001 BAFTA Film Awards-The David Lean Award for Achievement in Direction: Nominated
Steven Soderbergh Net Worth
Soderbergh has an approximate net worth of $40 million.