Steve Backshall Biography
Born in Bagshot, Surrey, Steve Backshall is a British explorer, naturalist, presenter, and writer. He is famously known for BBC TV’s Deadly 60. His other BBC work includes being part of the expedition teams in Lost Land of the Tiger, Lost Land of the Volcano, Deadly Dinosaurs, and Lost Land of the Jaguar, as well as Expedition with Steve Backshall for the TV channel Dave.
Backshall has also worked for the National Geographic Channel and the Discovery Channel. He has published a series of four novels for children called The Falcon Chronicles, three adult non-fiction works, and numerous other children’s non-fiction books.
Steve Backshall Age
Steve is 48 years old as of 2021. He was born Stephen James Backshall on April 21, 1973, in Bagshot, Surrey, England.
Steve Backshall Height
Steve measures a standing height of 5 feet 9 inches which is equivalent to 1.80 m.
Steve Backshall Education
Steve went to Collingwood College in Camberley and Brooklands College, Surrey in the sixth form. He later joined English and theatre studies at the University of Exeter. In 2020, he received his MSc in bioscience from Canterbury Christ Church University.
Steve Backshall Family, Parents, Siblings
Steve was born and raised in Bagshot, Surrey, England. His parents worked for British Airways. Backshall has a brother Jo Backshall.
Steve Backshall Wife
Steve is married to Helen Glover. The couple tied the knot in 2016. Together, the couple has been blessed with a son called Logan James David Backshall.
Steve Backshall Deadly 60
Steve is famously known for BBC TV’s Deadly 60. Deadly 60 is a strand of British wildlife documentary programming aimed principally at children and young people, which is broadcast on CBBC on BBC One and Two and on the CBBC Channel. Steve presented the show with Naomi Wilkinson as co-host on Live ‘n Deadly, and Barney Harwood as co-host on Natural Born Hunters. The strand began with a single series known as Deadly 60 and has subsequently expanded into a number of spin-offs, re-edits, and follow-up versions. Deadly 60 was nominated for Best Children’s series. Lost Land of the Jaguar was nominated for Best Factual series.
Expedition with Steve Backshall
Steve is also known for hosting Expedition with Steve Backshall where he travels the world seeking out adventurous expeditions such as river rafting in the Himalayas, trekking through the jungles of South America, and climbing mountains in the Middle East.
- Earthpulse – National Geographic Channel
- Game For It – National Geographic Channel
- The Toughest Race – National Geographic Channel
- Tracking the Canyon – National Geographic Channel
- Boot Camp – National Geographic Channel
- SOS: Save Our Seas – National Geographic Channel
- The Holiday Programme – National Geographic Channel
- Dive the World – National Geographic Channel
- Primary Geography – National Geographic Channel
- Adventure Diaries India – National Geographic Channel
- Adventure Diaries – National Geographic Channel
- The Train to Nowhere – National Geographic Channel
- A Walk in the Desert – National Geographic Channel
- Undiscovered Worlds with Steve Backshall
- Saving Britain’s Hedgehogs
- Expedition with Steve Backshall
- Animals After Dark
- Deadly on a Mission: Pole to Pole
- Personal Expedition: Mount Asgard
- Strictly Come Dancing
Steve Backshall Net Worth
Steve has made a great fortune from her career. She has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars.